Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2014 in (some) pictures

With Sonny Lalchandani at the top of the Duquesne Incline in Pittsburgh
Greetings from Bowling Green Ohio. Whoa... I'm in Ohio.

More on that soon, but first:


It's 1/13/15, so though I'm a bit late for the year-end reflection, I really need to let some of this stuff out -  2014 was a remarkable year. When it started, I found myself in an unfamiliar Boston apartment that I ended up living in for 5 months. I wasn't planning on that, but it worked. In retrospect, alot of the things I did this year couldn't have happened any other way. In February, we played Voyage at the University of Pittsburgh. I don't know when we'll play it again, but I'm pretty sure we will. For many reasons (too many to cite here), the 4 days we were in Pittsburgh had a huge personal impact on me, and I'll never forget them. I'm going to be in Pittsburgh next week actually, checking out UPitt's Doctoral program, and playing a solo show at a suburban DIY space. Then I head back to NY. Again, I'll write about that craziness later.

 2014, when I was living in Boston, I played more music than I think I have since graduating, and that's what really keeps me going. Since March I haven't had much regular work (and I've really been looking). Sometimes I've had to stretch out pretty thin, but I've figured out how to make everything come together in a certain way. Maintaining a multi-city schedule has (mostly) helped, and it's been incredibly uplifting to have spent even more time with people that I don't regularly see, or in some cases, just met.

Here are some pictures, in a completely random order, highlighting some wonderful moments from 2014:

12/20 Flathouse series

Christmas Eve kitten

February quartet rehearsal w/ Alec, Brittany, & Ethan

Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh

I'd m ThfftAble @ Weirdo Records
Birthday cakes/pie at FlatHouse

Anthony Coleman at a Prudential food truck

The Burdick hang @ NEC



Rusty the Dog in VT

House near a farm in So. Burlington 





Westsider Books on Broadway

Bob Belcher pre climate march
So Long, Strathmore Road

 
Ann Arbor's Cherry Republic with Kalindi 

Same hat!

Voyage Rehearsal @ UPitt

No comments:

Post a Comment